M14 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its a little late to ask (I've purchased one), but how do you feel about Beretta M1/M14 extractors? I purchased one off GB for 18.00 dollars. It arrived yesterday and appears to be of excellent quality.
I've also ordered a Beretta hammer, any thoughts?
Thanks!

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have never put a PB extractor on any of my M14's.I do however have a grandfathered preban BM59 with about a thousand plus rounds thru her.absolutely no FTF's or FTE'sGI6.so...as far as reliabilty,i guess i can't complain GI2

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
What I remember about the BM59 extractors is that more material was removed from the bottom due to the magazine. I also never had an issue with the one in my BM59 or the one I put in a garand.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Beretta and Breda both made M1 components. I have quite a few of both parts on one of my Garands and the parts seem to be of comparable quality to USGI parts. The worst GI Garand parts I've ever seen are Winchester, but the collectors go nuts for that stuff.

·
MGySgt USMC (ret)
7,066 Posts
Beretta and Breda both made M1 components. I have quite a few of both parts on one of my Garands and the parts seem to be of comparable quality to USGI parts. The worst GI Garand parts I've ever seen are Winchester, but the collectors go nuts for that stuff.
I could not agree more. Beretta and Breda parts were made to G.I. specs and they work very well.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Winchester, all matching and all nightmare. IMHO, the worst in the world to get to fit right. No wonder they used a number instead of their name.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all of your thoughts and insights. It seems that Beretta parts are less expensive than USGI and are available. I've been putting a collection together for the next emergencyGI8 (next build???GI6).

·
Registered
366 Posts
Beretta's Process and Quality control methodologies and production tooling were more modern than SA's, and you can expect that the parts will be at least the equal to USGI specification/SA production, but they'll probably exceed that; regularly! They've been a premiere firearms manufacturer since the 16th century for a very good reason.GI8

·
Registered
448 Posts
Beretta parts

I know its a little late to ask (I've purchased one), but how do you feel about Beretta M1/M14 extractors? I purchased one off GB for 18.00 dollars. It arrived yesterday and appears to be of excellent quality.
I've also ordered a Beretta hammer, any thoughts?
Thanks!
i just bought the same parts on GB friday did you happen to get them from 2treeline. if so he must have a large supply
of these parts because after i bought them they were re listed in just a couple of minutes.
not a bad price for high quality partsMCORPS1

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i just bought the same parts on GB friday did you happen to get them from 2treeline. if so he must have a large supply
of these parts because after i bought them they were re listed in just a couple of minutes.
not a bad price for high quality partsMCORPS1
Yes I did get them from the same seller. He ships very fast and all of the parts appear new.GI6

1 - 12 of 12 Posts