M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some people love them, some loathe them. I like them and accumulated a few over the years

I bought my first one in 1989, Lethal Weapon was all the rage then. It was a second hand 92 F made in 1986. Shot it a lot, then tinkered with it, threaded barrel and B&T silencer, Tasco pro point on a B square mount. I still use it occasionally and it’s still going strong.

In 1999 I had the opportunity to acquire this 93r at a bankruptcy auction, complete with box, two mags and folding stock. Undated but the serial number is close to the 92 F above, so it might be a 1986 too. I asked Beretta but they sadly never bothered to respond.

In 2010 I bought this 92 FS made in 1993, I prefer the straight dust cover vs the slanted one

It also has an accessory, an 8” sport barrel.

A hard to find one that took me a long time to get. 92 Combat made in 2001

Another not so common one, I had an instant crush on it, 92 steel I from 2010

Finally I recently bought a M9A1, NIB from a private seller 40% below list price

Family photos

·
Registered
12,463 Posts
My first was a 92SB that I picked up in Europe, back when the Army began testing them. I wanted to see what they were like. I was impressed with the quality, but thought the DA/SA function was the most retarded thing I had ever seen in a handgun. The trigger pull should be the same for every shot.

I got rid of it and stayed away until Beretta came out with the "D" models in the early 90's, which are DAO. Long smooth trigger, like a finely tuned S&W revolver. I have made sure I always have one, sometimes I had several.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I know you've posted them before, but every time that 93R pops up I drool. That and the Combat are dreams of mine to own. Though I doubt the 93R could ever come true.

Bet they are quite fun to shoot.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I also really like the Combat Model, too bad they don't still make them. If I were to buy a Beretta pistol today, the lightly customized Wilson Combat version has a lot of appeal.

Digressing somewhat but still related is another customized M9 - the USMC National Match M9s. Back in 2016 I talked to one of the USMC precision armorers who made some of the match Beretta M9 pistols for the USMC shooting team. He showed me one of the pistols he had just finished, and it was amazing the level of work they put into the pistol in order to shoot 1" group at 50 yards. He machined and custom-fitted steel inserts into the frame for a tight steel-to-steeI interface b/t the frame and slide, installed a barrel tension screw/bushing to ensure consistent lock-up at the front, an oversized KKM match barrel tightly fitted to the slide, etc. Just an fyi about National Match M9s.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Nice group you have CLASSIC12, Real Nice.

I have been hoarding 9mm for years so when I happened on an M9 I would have the ammo to expend. When the U.S. military decided to go 9mm instead of .45 crushed me and to this day the Beretta is one sidearm that I still do not own.

My good friend inherited 2 early F models? 25 years ago that are really good shooting pistols. One day I should get one just to empty my ammo boxes of the pesky cheap 9mm. I am seeing the 9 at the same price as .45 and even higher right now. But I cannot leave my .45's at home.

Thanks for showing. 🍻🍻

1 - 8 of 8 Posts