M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here tried one of the Bell & Carlson fiberglass stocks with the molded-in aluminum bedding blocks? If yes, how do you like it? Thank you very much in advance for the information?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Well, I'm looking into getting a Savage 111GL soon and haven't noticed if Bell & Carlson makes a left handed stock to fit it. If they do, I'll have to drop it in one and try it out.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha Tommo:

I just bought a B&C from Midway for my Savage 112 FV and it had pillars bedded in the stock. The stock is a dramatic improvement over the original plastic type stock that came with the rifle.

I hadn't heard that B&C was putting full bedding blocks in their stocks like HS Precision... that would be cool...

Aloha and Happy Holidays!

Tom O.

·
Registered
7,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bought a Hogue overmoulded stock with an aluminum bedding block. Put it on a Charles Daly (Zastava, Yugo Mark X) Mauser in .308 Win. Had to do a little filing on the receiver and a very little on the block to get the rifle to bedded evenly.

It shoots very accurately. Easy to keep shots in the 9, 10 and X rings of an SR1C at 100 yards off-hand with Malaysian milsurp using either peep sight or 2 3/4X scope.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.