M14 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just was wondering if this is necessary or if just reinforcing the fore end is all that is needed. I have a couple of stocks that I've done the carbon arrow shaft/fiberglass stiffening to and the lock up is tight on them. I just got a preban receivered M1A that was built into a Match gun (HB and unitized gasblock + other stuff) and it is in a Walnut Boyds selector cut out stock (marked Boyds in the channel) and want to use one of my glass stocks while I clean and finish the Walnut. I typically switch my 3 Now 4 GI1 M1As to glas for the winter. I am looking to maintain and possibly increase the accuracy of this rifle so that is why I'm asking, John.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
Does your barreled action seat in flat from the heel to the breech? When you loosen the trigger group, does the receiver slide back and forth? Side to side? If it's tight all the way I wouldn't mess with glass bedding unless to stiffen the forearm. MarineTex will tighten up a loose GI fiber stock but it won't add much "grip" to one that's already tight.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I just was wondering if this is necessary or if just reinforcing the fore end is all that is needed. I have a couple of stocks that I've done the carbon arrow shaft/fiberglass stiffening to and the lock up is tight on them. I just got a preban receivered M1A that was built into a Match gun (HB and unitized gasblock + other stuff) and it is in a Walnut Boyds selector cut out stock (marked Boyds in the channel) and want to use one of my glass stocks while I clean and finish the Walnut. I typically switch my 3 Now 4 GI1 M1As to glas for the winter. I am looking to maintain and possibly increase the accuracy of this rifle so that is why I'm asking, John.
If it isn't as tight as bd111 says it should be, take a look at http://m14forum.com/accuracy/88679-bedding-scout-plastic-stock-roof-flashing-u-kiddin.html for a quick and dirty solution that does work. Read through the thread for details on refinements.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.