M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok what is the best way of storing bayonets? right now they are all kinda just stuff into a dead spot between the filing cabinet and some boxes. any suggestions

·
Registered
30 Posts
Craftsman Tool Box

I purchased a Sears Craftsman black three drawer tool box.
It was called an Intermediate Chest, Size: 22-3/8"W X 16-3/8"D with drawers of 2"H, 3-1/8"H and 4- 1/8" H.

It will handle bayonets up to 16" and 17" in length.
Lined the drawers with the real thin tool box liner material provided by Sears.
Placed it on top of my gun safe. It locks and comes with two keys.

I use the top two drawers for bayonets and the bottom for mag's and small WWII USGI ammo pouches. It works great and is somewhat secure.

Steve-Indy

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I keep them slung in the webbing on the inside door of the safe.

That way, when the commies come boiling over the hill I'll have them to hand right along with the rifles.

You never know... :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
545 Posts
I've got one M1 bayonet on my M1 gear, and store the other on the rifles they are supposed to go on, my Dane Winchester has its Danish M1 bayonet on it, my Remington 03 has a 1942 production 1905 bayonet on it, and the Carbine has a leather handled M4 on it, the others I just oil the blades and store them upright in the spce between a chest of drawers and a night stand.

RRVI

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.