M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Can't find an answer via search.)

Is there a bayonet out there for the M14/M1A that has a build in pair of wire cutters? Either issued or an aftermarket product? I want a bayonet for my kit, but I'm very interested in the idea of having wire cutters handy. Either C-wire or a chain link fence could get in the way in.

·
Registered
14,401 Posts
The wire cutter feature was originally designed by Eickhorn in Germany during the the 1970's. They were made for numerous battle rifles in use at the time, but I don't recall seeing any for the M14, as it had already been replaced. There might be some prototypes floating around. You will have to do some research.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
The wire cutter feature was originally designed by Eickhorn in Germany during the the 1970's. They were made for numerous battle rifles in use at the time, but I don't recall seeing any for the M14, as it had already been replaced. There might be some prototypes floating around. You will have to do some research.
Eickhorn did not invent the wire cutting bayonet.

The AKM bayonet had a wire cutter incorporated in the design.

It was introduced in 1959.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.