M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha... Back again!!!

I wish I could have a Devine Duet like SixTGunr, however, I have to make do with what I got, right? Well, recently I received a gorgeous M1 Garand from Dean Dillabaugh of DGR Guns and it had be excited from the moment that I touched it! :lol:

You know how things are... you can't leave things alone the way they are... well... I am really a really bad one on that! I loved the wood that the M1 Garand had on so much I wished and I wished that I could somehow get one for my Devine... and Lord be Praised! It happened! A member (Paul LaSavage) had just the stock I was looking for and already fitted for a M14 type rifle!!! Boy, I jumped on that one in a heartbeat thanks to WdiGeorge who told me about it!!! Well, I finally got both rifles together for this shoot...

Since both are now in matching wood, Bastogne Hybrid Walnut, I decided to call this the Bastogne Brothers pic! I hope you like the pics! The pics were taken in fading but natural light. I might reshoot on a bright day...

Both sides have a tremendous amount of grain, that is layered and seems to be almost indescribable...

A closer shot of the two stocks..

A close up of the M1A.

A close up of the M1 Garand.

Notice that both wood stocks are identical to the type of wood, but of course, the grain are different, but this Bastogne wood is AWESOME!!!

Thanks for letting me share these pics of the Bastogne Brothers!

Aloha and Best Wishes,

Tom O.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
"MIGHTY MIGHTY MIGHTY FINE SIR!

Lookin' real good ... REAL GOOD! 8O

Six

·
Registered
7 Posts
Very, very nice.

Congratulations on two beautiful weapons. But then again, I've seen picturese of the rest of your collection. I don't think you have anything less than outstanding.

Chuck

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aloha

Chuck, thanks for those kind words... I really appreciate it...

SixTGunr, you sure know how to dress up a picture! Very Cool, Sir! Thanks!!!

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Yupper! :roll:

That "Dig" ... Hes somethin' now aint he ... :?:

Sixer

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Ten-Four HH ... :wink:

Glad to see ya finally made it back to the campfire and glad to have ya on board ... :)

Have a super weekend sir! :wink:

Six

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
Tom,

Wow! Those two look GREAT next to eachother! The wood is unreal!!

I don't know how much of this I can take. First SixT's pair of Devines and now yours. I need to find some paper towels to wipe the drool off of my keyboard :oops: :lol:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Hawk,
Why don't you start selling Official "The M-14/M1A Firing Line" Bibbs for those of us who can't help drooling all over our computers while viewing Tom O's and Six's fabulous pics. :)

Regards

Ox

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Oxmix said:
Why don't you start selling Official "The M-14/M1A Firing Line" Bibbs
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LMAO ... Good One Oxy!

Six

·
"Staff Alumni"
2,653 Posts
WOW!!! Now I know what you were doin over in the Phil-o-peens. Great matching job Dig. Which one is the M1 :lol: :roll: They may not be Identical twins but they shure are paternal :wink:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Tom,
I see what you mean by translucent. Thats an incredible effect.

Hawk, hurry up with the "Bibs"

Regards

Ox

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for those kind words!!! Ever since I saw SixT's "Devine Duet" in that awesome "Tiger" wood, I wanted something that would compliment my most treasured rifles...

It's is so funny how things kinda fall into place... These two rifles really make me happy! I am glad that I was able to find or get wood that complimented these guys... Bastogne Hybrid Walnut... AWESOME wood!!!

Aloha and Best Wishes,

Tom O.

·
R T Echo
1,662 Posts
A beeeuuuteeful pair of stocks Dig, Now if you could only get that second Devine!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keith

·
Registered
720 Posts
Absolutely amazing! You have me wanting to research the different types of walnuts out there. And the Garand...they've been calling out to me lately. I think I'll go ahead and get one to play with through the CMP and take my time in the restoration.

Beautiful, Dig. Once again you make us go "WOW"

BT

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Everyone...

Thanks! Hey Vet, I would LOVE to have another Devine! Although some may consider them as "another" pre-ban, I have a real attration to these rifles... so another Devine would be a real "TREAT" for me... or if MsgtMaze can find a Smith Ent., I would be stoked!!! I would then go to great lengths to get another Bastogne!

It's been great fun developing a collection of rifles and trying to get them to look as good as they possibly can... shooting them is a bonus! And, if I can get them more accurate than they are, that is even more bonus!!!

Yep, you guys got one "die hard" here when it comes to M14 type rifles...

Aloha and Best Wishes,

Tom O.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts