M14 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a Bassett Picitinny Low Scope Mount this past friday and have been trying to call and email them since monday with no sucess. Phone said messasges are full try back later. Is this normal from them. Im just tring to get an eta on shipping so i can plan my build. Thanks all for the help

·
Registered
281 Posts
Since Mr. Bassett died a while back they have been trying to keep up and regroup. Do a search on Bassett and you can read about it.
Did they take your money?

·
Registered
281 Posts
They have always been very reputable. I have that mount and like it. Very well reviewed on this forum. Worth the wait. You will need an adjustable cheek rest.

·
Super Moderator
11,388 Posts
Yes, you will need a riser, even with the low mount. There are a couple of options; Bradley, Tac Pro, TNVC and DWP.

I have a Bradley, personally, and it's working out great for me. I have the Bassett Low Picatinny with medium rings.

Tony.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its been 10 days and 0 contact from Bassett. I have emailed twice and the voicemail isnt accepting incomming calls. Should I just cancel thru paypal and order the Sadlak? I want to shoot this thing and dont want to have an unknown wait time. Thanks for the input

·
Registered
971 Posts
His daughters are trying to juggle their jobs, family, and getting his mounts out. They are good people. Bill was a close friend of mine for several years and I have taken the family out to dinner when in Drip, where he lived. You can figure either they won't take your money or you will get your mount. If you are willing to settle for second best, get Paypal to get you a refund and order something else. Otherwise, hold tight and see. Losing a husband or a father is a tough go for a family as close as they were. Bill's shop was so full of stuff one couldn't walk around much. Also his mounts were popular so they may not currently have much in stock, until they get someone else to make them or get some back from anodizing. Good luck but don't worry. A little patience goes a long way and they are as good as people get.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I recently ordered a mount at the end of July and received it around the 15 of August. I ordered the mount over the phone and talked to one of the daughters before ordering the low picannity mount.

Maybe I lucked out time wise, but from what everyone on this board said is why I chose this mount, Also it seems to be the easiest mount for my Springfield Loaded M1A and well worth the wait.GI5

·
Registered
272 Posts
I've got a scope with a 30mm tube and 56mm Reticle I'm mounting on a M1A
I've all but decided on the Basset mount. I'd prefer one of their low mounts.
Am I correct in assuming the height of the rings chosen will raise the scope sufficiently to clear the hand guard? Or will I need a high mount regardless?

I sent this question in an email to Bassett but haven't got a response.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Its been 10 days and 0 contact from Bassett. I have emailed twice and the voicemail isnt accepting incomming calls. Should I just cancel thru paypal and order the Sadlak? I want to shoot this thing and dont want to have an unknown wait time. Thanks for the input
10 days, you've ONLY been waiting 10 days and you're already sweating it ?
Go right ahead and order a Sadlak and wait even longer
But hey, it's your Rifle and Money

BUT if it were me...
I'd go out and shoot it using the Irons and wait a bit
Truly....You will not regret the wait

1 - 14 of 14 Posts