M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Bren Bassett, Bill Bassett’s oldest daughter. As I am sure you all know by now, my dad passed away on April 25th. At this time, it is only me with my sister, Romi, consulting when I get stumped. I am training my son, Joseph, but he is 18 and already knows everything. I have been on the production end for around 5 years now. This past year, my dad was training me on issues our scope mounts could encounter. He always said I would learn more by listening to you guys, and I have and will continue to listen and to learn.
I hope you have been and will have patience with me. Right now the issues we are dealing with is a lack of stock. You keep purchasing our mounts and, while I thank you profusely, you are making me work a lot. I have been derelict in my duties of returning emails and phone calls. I feel like I am catching up, but it is going slowly. I have, however, gotten the Picatinny Rail – high configurations produced and the back orders went out yesterday, May 30th.
I have had several requests for an obituary, so here it is attached.

Bren Bassett
www.bassettmachine.com
[email protected]

·
Super Moderator
11,119 Posts
On behalf of all of us, you have our sincerest condolences and our deepest sympathies. Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know the state of business for you.

Family and healing first …

Semper Fidelis
Tony. (Satisfied customer)

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
On behalf of all of us, you have our sincerest condolences and our deepest sympathies. Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know the state of business for you.

Family and healing first …

Tony. (Satisfied customer)

+1 on what Tony said. Family first, they're just gun parts. BTW, love your product and your father put forth a great mount. He will be sorely missed.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Our Thanks to your Father

Bren,

I am very sorry to here you lost your father and from my lengthy conversations with him on the phone he was a very personable man and interesting to listen to. We will all miss him and the help he gave us very much. He will always be reminded to me in the products he made that I will enjoy for a long time. We thank you for all his hard work and hope you can carry on his fine tradition.

Blessings to you and your family,
Phinehas

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
+1 on what has been said by others here, I am very sorry for your loss. After learning of your father's passing I ordered a low picatinny mount from you all, I had been wanting one for awhile, I really did not care how long it took to be delivered, from what everyone has said here it would show up. It took a little over a week from the time of order until it showed up in my mail box, it is an outstanding product with outstanding service. I wish the best for you all as you go through these times.

Reactions: tonyben

·
Registered
100 Posts
I can only echo what the others have said. I spoke to you on the phone shortly after father passed for which I am truly sorry for. Like I told you then our community, the M1A/M14 specifically and shooters in general, lost a pioneer. I placed an order to support you and your family in hopes the company keeps on thriving, and I think I can speak for most that wait will be worth it. I just pray and hope that others keep ordering from you no matter the wait. God bless you and the rest of your family.

Jamie

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
Going back some years, Bill was a shooter and understood how individual firearms can have peculiar issues when it comes to fitting parts, and he wanted to make parts that fit and do the job intended. A satisfied customer base is the best testimony the M14 clone scope bases could have. It's good that the trade and trademark are being kept alive.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My condolences to you and your family Bren. I ordered and received my Bassett mount a few months ago and I couldn't be happier with it. I'm so glad to see that y'all are keeping the family business going. I'm sure your dad is very proud that y'all are continuing his legacy of building a quality product and great service.

God bless,

TexHill

Reactions: tonyben

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Thank you for carrying on. Your dad has another legacy besides you and your son and your sister. It's that rock-solid mount we have grown to appreciate that you now make. My sincere condolences and thanks for a superb product.

Bruce

·
Registered
452 Posts
Tho I never met Him, I did have a few Email exchanges when buying His awesome mount ( (which holds zero perfectly )

Even through Email You could tell by His prompt responses and kind words to me He was an old school gentleman and salt of the earth working entrepreneur.

my regards

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Been,

God Bless. I met you in Dripping Springs & you put the mount on my SOCOM 16. We also talked about your family & your father.

Take care,

Jim Phipps

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
My sincere condolences go out to you and your family. I do hope you will be able to continue producing your mounts as they are popular with so many M14 shooters and it would be a real loss to the industry. Your dad provided a quality product and he will be missed by all.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Bren-

Welcome, thanks for joining and very sorry about your families loss.

I hope this post helps people understand that your business is a family operation-and sometimes thing can go beyond the control of the staff.

New customers have patience.

Bren you and family have grace and patience.

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
My sincere condolences.

Your father certainly left an astonishing legacy and his character speaks for it self.

Richard

1 - 20 of 38 Posts