M14 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the Bassett mounts work on a PolyTech receiver?
I know some of the threads are not the same.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Talk about great service. Got a response from them on her blackberry. Yes it will work. I'm going to order one.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Bill & His Girls ,
You can not find better customer service .
Also a OLD JARHEAD
Semper Fi Old Man
From another Old Grunt

·
Registered
94 Posts
...and a fantastic product as well. I received my order of a high Picatinny mount yesterday afternoon and promptly put it on my 32-y/o M1A Supermatch. Perfect, stable fit.

Next I went to the local gun emporium and put Bill's recommended Weaver medium, style #49041 rings and a Leupy 3-9x40 Duplex scope (while I like BDC reticles, a Duplex would allow me to rotate the scope 90* counterclockwise if the ejected brass was catching the windage knob cover) on the newly installed mount. Got it bore-sighted and tightened down and drove out to the range.

I was on paper, 2" low and 6" left; a few mushy clicks later and I was zeroed 1.5" high and centered at 100 yds. Fifty rounds later, everything was as tight as when I started (and still dead on).

To say I was delighted with the mount is an understatement. Later this week, I'm going to take the mount off and put it on my SOCOM 16 just to see how it works out. I was originally thinking of a scout-type scope for the SOCOM but want to see how this works out. If yes, I'll get another mount and use an old Redfield 2-7x36 with a Duplex reticle residing in my closet on that rifle.

Kudos to Bill for a fine piece of manufacturing and design.

FH

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mounted and dismounted it, now waiting for Tony to finish my stock and then to the range to sight it in.

·
Non-resident by request
169 Posts
Low profile Bassett

I bought a low profile Bassett machine mount and also had the pleasure to talk to the owner.

The thing I like about shooting this mount is being able to take it off and put it back on and not be very far off from poi.

A friend of mine came down a while back and we were blasting with the M1, M1a supermatch, the DDM4V3, xd40 and anything else we could get our hands on. I had put a target over on the hill opposite from where we were shooting from about 200 yards away and when I took the first few shots with the supermatch after having the Bassett off the rifle I could see the holes with the T6 scope. My friend thought it was pretty cool that it was putting holes on paper after just bolting the mount on with the handy little wrench.

I like it!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Which one?

So I just bought a Polytech, and I need your advice: which Bassett mount? All I want to do is put a variable power scope on... Do I need a "picatinny" rail mount, or a standard one?

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I've long understood the rule of thumb on the Polys and Norincos to be U.S. male to Chinese female OK, U.S. female to Chinese male not OK.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The Bassett mount was the first style I used. I have them on all of my scoped M1As.

I did try the Sadlak, I got two off of the forum PX, but could not get it to work correctly, it's most likely not the mounts fault but an installation error on my part. I sold them and I put a Bassett on the rifle that had problems with the Sadlak and it took around 4 at 25 yards to get into the x ring and another 6 or 7 to get it dialed in at 100. The Bassett wil be the only mount that I will use.

·
Registered
920 Posts
So I just bought a Polytech, and I need your advice: which Bassett mount? All I want to do is put a variable power scope on... Do I need a "picatinny" rail mount, or a standard one?
The Standard is a nice Mount, but it sets the Scope a little lower and the Rings are at an angle to the Scope Tube
The Picatinny is level and I feel a much nicer Mount
Just my $0.02

1 - 14 of 14 Posts