M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents,

Has anyone heard from Bassett lately. I ordered a low mount for my M1A and forgot to call ahead to ensure availability.

I payed via PayPal, but cannot get anyone on the phone.

I hope nothing has happened at the factory or to the craftsman.

Thanks,

Snuffy

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Just be a bit more patient. It'll come. Wait will probably be no more than a month or so.

Dutch

·
Registered
17 Posts
I called and was told the Low Mount Picatinny was available so I ordered one. It's been 20 days since the funds left my account. I spoke to her 2 weeks ago and she had my order and said it would go out that day or the next. I spoke to her Monday 8/11 and she said it hadnt gone out for some reason, but that she would call me by noon Tuesday 8/12 and if I didn't hear from her to call back. I haven't heard from her and the voicmailbox has been full yesterday and today.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I called and was told the Low Mount Picatinny was available so I ordered one. It's been 20 days since the funds left my account. I spoke to her 2 weeks ago and she had my order and said it would go out that day or the next. I spoke to her Monday 8/11 and she said it hadnt gone out for some reason, but that she would call me by noon Tuesday 8/12 and if I didn't hear from her to call back. I haven't heard from her and the voicmailbox has been full yesterday and today.
I've ordered a half a dozen of their mount over the past few years and not one single problem getting my orders taken care of. Like the others have mentioned, with Mr Bassett passing away, they are most likely doing all they possibly can to fulfill current orders. Just be patient with them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I believe the girl you are speaking with may be Basset's daughter, be patient, they are dealing with a death of a family member. You have to remember Basset made these things in his workshop at his house, they're handmade and well worth the wait.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Same I ordered two mounts years ago and enjoyed talking to him on the phone, good company and good product, sorry to hear about losing him.

I had an opportunity to visit with him when I bought my mount. Great guy who loved to talk and visit. The mount is well worth waiting for.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.