M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if anyone had any experiance with the High Rail scope mount produced by BAsset Machines. Please drop some ot your thoughts on this item thanks

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Hello,
Heck, I just bought another Basset mount today, a high one to boot... thanks, Lloyd.
They're handy to have... But, so is the ARMS #18 and the #22 rings. They both have their purpose and both have their pros and cons. Yet, the Bassets are very good mounts to have.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
By the way folks. Last Friday I called Basset on the chance that everything was back up and running. They were and I ordered a low mount, arrived yesterday. 1 week from sale to delivery. Works for me!! -Lloyd 🍻

·
Registered
507 Posts
I have the high mount picatinny. The steel piece that is attached to the aluminum came off. I sent an email twice to basset with no response. I've shot the rifle twice with that scope mount.

·
Premium Member
20,399 Posts
I have the high mount picatinny. The steel piece that is attached to the aluminum came off. I sent an email twice to basset with no response. I've shot the rifle twice with that scope mount.
Any photos? I thought they were one piece.

·
Registered
519 Posts
What is the height difference between the high and low mounts and from what reference points do you measure off of? I believe I have a LOW mount but want to confirm....

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
What is the height difference between the high and low mounts and from what reference points do you measure off of? I believe I have a LOW mount but want to confirm....
1/4" higher. If you can see/use your iron sights, it's a high mount. If you can't, it's a low. -Lloyd 🍻

Reactions: Shomway

·
Premium Member
20,399 Posts
It's got two little pieces of steel I guess glued on. I could glue it back but I ended up going with a sadlak mount with no glued or epoxied parts.
View attachment 479908
Got it. Key came loose. Sadlak is a decent mount, but no where near as easy to install and take off. A dab of epoxy and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
I have the Bassett high picitiny mount for a standard scope and a Red neck Yankee mount for a Burris Fastfire.

Red neck Yankee makes mounts with the alignment bars shipped unattached.

He provides instructions on how to set the alignment bars so the mount fits your rifle.

Perhaps his instructions could be used to put your bars back on.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts