M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to the range the other day and wanted to use my M2 bipod. Realized I left the wrench at home. I did have the wrench for the Bassett scope mount in my case. Looked close to what I needed. By cracky it fit. I wonder if he did that on purpose?

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
I think the Bassett wrench is just a standard size 3/8ths, I failed to bring my Bassett wrench to the range with me one time but had a 3/8ths wrench in the truck tool box that did the trick.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Basset wrench is to torque correct.

Basset wrench is to torque correct.
If you read his instructions you will understand the use of his wrench and why.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
I understand their instructions on the use of the wrench but their instructions also states to torque the bolt to 'around' 22 inch pounds. If I lost the supplied wrench I'd still be able to properly torque the bolt using a 3/8ths socket and a torque wrench.

·
Registered
5,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Most missed my point that the man put a lot of thought into the things he designed and built. Had a chance to talk to him before he passed. He shipped two of his mounts the same day and wanted to know if he got my order right. Told him it was correct and that the spare bolt was part of a spare parts kit I was building for when I pass the M1a to my niece, a Marine. Offered to send me a discount for her being a Marine.

·
Registered
928 Posts
OK, show of hands
How many of you own and keep a GI / MilSpec Multi-Tool with your M14 ?
Anyone wager to guess what size the Wrench-end is ?

Time's up......
3/8"....How convenient....Mr. Bassett was a MASTER Designer, nothing wasted there
So one should never be far from the proper Wrench when it comes to your M14

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.