M14 Forum banner

Barrels, serious and super serious.

1140 Views 15 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  HutchS
Gathering parts for my next build. Down to choice of barrels. Top is Saturn/ Liberty heavy SS NM bottom is an Ultra precision. Expecting to have an LRB M-25 receiver delivered shortly.
I am leaning toward the ultra precision on this build. Might even put her in another JAE chassis so the total weight will be around 20 lbs again. Whatta Hobby!

Air gun Trigger Machine gun Shotgun Gun barrel
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2,167 Posts
Gathering parts for my next build. Down to choice of barrels. Top is Saturn/ Liberty heavy SS NM bottom is an Ultra precision. Expecting to have an LRB M-25 receiver delivered shortly.
I am leaning toward the ultra precision on this build. Might even put her in another JAE chassis so the total weight will be around 20 lbs again. Whatta Hobby!

View attachment 498798
How many JAE'S do you have sitting around?

· Registered
740 Posts
Any more details on that Ultra barrel?

Reactions: nf1e

· Registered
740 Posts
No longer in production, I am told. I do have a few in the stash for future projects.
Only reason I ask is that I keep coming back to the idea of a heavy shorty. Something that has enough meat to cut back the front end of a full-length and rethread to 5/8"x24. I'm exploring the option of cutting down a Satern at the moment, just waiting to get the info on the diameter.

I'm guessing that with all barrels right now, this just isn't possible, but with that Bula? barrel it would be. Did they offer a gas lock to match that ultra heavy that had a dovetail in it at one time?

· Premium Member
22,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Only reason I ask is that I keep coming back to the idea of a heavy shorty. Something that has enough meat to cut back the front end of a full-length and rethread to 5/8"x24. I'm exploring the option of cutting down a Satern at the moment, just waiting to get the info on the diameter.

I'm guessing that with all barrels right now, this just isn't possible, but with that Bula? barrel it would be. Did they offer a gas lock to match that ultra heavy that had a dovetail in it at one time?
Yes they did.. I have one and I use it on the ultras when I am indexing them.

· Registered
2,505 Posts

The cut satern is 0.601

· Registered
740 Posts
Art, if you ever want to part with one of those ultra heavies, and the gas cylinder and dovetail gas lock to match, I'm game.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts