M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got two barrels from a guy at work,one is marked Winchester 7730190-Sept-63-39R,the other one is marked SAK-7790190-11-68-8095308,it allso has a P stamped by the chamber end and, A stamped by the oprod guide,the Winchester does not have these marks.What does the first set of no.#'s,is that the heat no#,and would the next be the dates of manufact.?.Both barrels mesaure a 0 at the muzzle and 0 at the throat,he did not put over 150rnds.through either one before he changed out to a heavy barrel on both of his rifles,I wound up with one of his SuperMatches that I traded for.Any info. on the barrels would be a great help,and I only gave $75 for each,was that a good deal .Thanks

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Great score!

Both barrels should be marked 7790190 which is the part number for the standard USGI chrome lined barrel. Then the manuf. date, then a material code.

The P near the chamber is the proof mark. The Winchesters were the only USGI barrels that did not use this mark, they had a small oval shaped stamp in the same area for proof.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts