M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
"Staff Alumni"
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made by bushmaster. I wouldnt exactly call this baby mickey mouse but it is in the AR format :lol: Havnt shot it yet since I just picked it up today :p There are three distinct differences between the BAR 10 and the AR 10
1: The mag is an FN mag. Havnt compared the mag yet to a regular FN mag to see if it is altered in any way.
2: The mag release is on both sides of the rifle
3: The Bolt release is in front of the trigger guard 8O Looks like a mag release but it is the bolt release just move your trigger finger forward and press down on it. It also can be realesed from both sides of the Rifle.

Defenatly like the the FN for mags much cheaper even if they are altered.
The bolt and mag release being on both sides would make it easier on left handers. Moving the bolt release to where it is, well havnt had the rifle long enough to shoot it so at this point not going to pass any judgement. This rifle the serial # is under 220 :p
[http://volcano.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Keinog/Bar_10.jpg]
This picture shows the mage release in front of the trigger guard
[http://volcano.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Keinog/Bar_10_1.jpg]
[http://volcano.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Keinog/BAR_10_2.jpg]

·
Registered
180 Posts
steve, looked at one today. this is a very cool weapon. i was told that it takes unaltered fal mags, either inch or metic ! also liked the fact that it has a forward assist. the one i looked at was an A4 (i belive) like yours but with a std stock.
price was 1550.00

by the way, also checked out a FAL, but it had what i think was a federal ordance recvr. do you know anything about these? price was 750.00 reduced to 675.00.

thanks and enjoy your new rifle, shot

·
Registered
23 Posts
My BAR-10 (serial # 001278) has been returned to Bushmaster. The front
sight base is canted enough to make the rifle shoot 3-4 FEET to the right
at 100 yards.

With max windage adjustment, the rifle can almost be brought onto the
outer edge of the target.

Also, the charging handle dislodges under recoil and moves back.

I'm very disappointed. For $1600-$1700 retail, I'd expect MUCH better
quality than this.

·
"Staff Alumni"
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My BAR-10 (serial # 001278) has been returned to Bushmaster. The front
sight base is canted enough to make the rifle shoot 3-4 FEET to the right
at 100 yards
I just purchased a new BAR-10 and I wish I had read your message before my purchase. My rifle shot 16 1/2" to the right at 100 meters and I had to crank the windage knob to bring the rear sight all of the way to the left to get on target. My rifle is at Bushmaster getting the barrel properly indexed, which should have been done before it left the factory.
Glad mine doesnt have sights :p But because of the need for scopes in Iraq I am still with out scope and waiting patiently for it still

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Were it not for Charlied308 this might have been an OK posting - please someone take his freak'in computer away.

The Bushmaster have been slow to take off with buyers and are $300 plus dealers cost over the A10's. The Bushie 308's have recently been discounted at wholesale level. They appear to be a well built rifle however as in all new things they need some fine tuning - I have had no reports of them jamming and only a for feeding (customer supplied mags not Bushmaster factory FAL magazines) so that is a big plus. The problem as I see it is the main top tier mfg's Colt, Bushmaster and Rock River are seriously backlogged wiht orders so how much R&D time can be spent on the 308 at this time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.