M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Why a fluted guide rod guide?
I have a Hk91 and know why they did a fluted chamber.
But why a fluted guide rod guide?

SEMPER FI

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have no idea I just grabbed it cause I was already ordering from brownells, got it at a cheaper price than the sadlak or rooster guides. But that's with the c&r discount. here's the bull shinto marketing blurb

Cylinder rod provides 360-degree contact with the spring to diminish binding problems; fluted to reduce spring drag

·
Registered
35 Posts
Fluting also is a place for gunk to acumulate so the spring does not bind. It probably stiffens the rod a little too which probably doesn't make a whole lot of difference.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Fluted Spring Guide Rods on Ebay

There is a seller on Ebay selling NM fluted op spring guides for $24.95 plus shipping. The one he sent me was new. He seems to deal mostly with higher end competition equipment.

·
Registered
92 Posts
blfuller said:
Fluting also is a place for gunk to acumulate so the spring does not bind. It probably stiffens the rod a little too which probably doesn't make a whole lot of difference.
fluting wont stiffen it. It decreases the sectional density of the material and will make it more flexable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.