M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple years back I had bought a box of various mags and multi tools at an auction. Most of the stuff has been fairly decent; however, two M1A mags have been nothing but trouble. They have no markings, only five spot welds on the front, and a plastic follower. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the resource, it's been my suspicion that they're Pro-Mags but I'll post pictures when I get them from my phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
From the above reference material "Pictorial M14 Magazine Identification Guide Version 1.8" It looks to be a "Mega-Mag" description starting on page 247

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, the rest of them are Springfield Armory and have been excellent, now I know what I've dug up.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Thanks, the rest of them are Springfield Armory and have been excellent, now I know what I've dug up.

Best to just throw them in the recycling bin. Or just send them to a Democrat member of the house or Senate for a prop for their next photo op rant!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've tinkered around with them and have gotten them reliable enough for light range duty, but that's all they'll get used for.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Wow talk about cheaply made? I've seen enough knockoffs and these take the cake. Wonder how many insertions you are going to get before that punched out feed latch will wear out and no longer stay in the gun? Or the feed lips will stop feeding reliably? I know the OP said he tinkered with them and got them to work, but at the first sign of any failures; they would end up in the range trash can. dozier

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
A couple years back I had bought a box of various mags and multi tools at an auction. Most of the stuff has been fairly decent; however, two M1A mags have been nothing but trouble. They have no markings, only five spot welds on the front, and a plastic follower. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Targets.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did get an idea stuff one of them with expanding foam and using it as a training device for friends who are new to shooting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts