M14 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just opened an old 250 rd can of Paki .308 and this is what came out.

Guess it was a bad seal. I haven't delinked it yet but there are only a couple really corroded rounds that you can see. The rest are are just dusted with a bit of copper fouling. Bit of a novice here. Are these safe to shoot? Do I need to wipe em down or anything or just fire away and clean barrel as usual? .

·
Registered
998 Posts
How old?

I purchased two cans of that stuff from Wideners a couple of months ago. both cans were in great shape as was the ammo. I de-linked it all and repackaged it in GI cans.

How old was this can, or how long ago was it purchased and from whom, if you don't mind the question? I planned on buying more some time soon.

Thanks, CE

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've gone through two other cans already and they were great. Spotless. And great steel gong hitting ammo for 200-300 yds out of my FAL and M1a.

I got this a year and a half ago and can't even remember where it came from. Pretty sure it was not Wideners. A lot of folks carry this. Cans were sealed with led/wire.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Dumb question... but what MG is that belt meant for? ...that' ain't no M-60 belt...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I bought 2 can of paki 1990 production and they where both perfect, i have shot about half of a can and its runs really well in my Springfield M1A

·
Registered
194 Posts
I tend to err to the side of caution myself. I had a similar situation and just took the cleanest of the round to the range to test them. Unfortunately, 4 rounds in I ended up with a squib round. Luckily, I only had the round go far enough to just barely lodge itself into the barrel. I careful tap with my cleaning rod and I was back in action...

Not saying it's trash and will destroy your rifle, squib, misfire, ETC... but just be careful...

·
Registered
82 Posts
ZERO of my ladies or 'sheen-guns will ever get within a country mile of this or the indian made feces ammo. I have seen pieces of history damaged/destroyed and why the hell anyone would introduce cheap trash ammo in a high dollar weapon is beyond me.......please use caution if you proceed down this road.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Best advice I ever heard regarding Indian & Paki ammo.... seen here a few years ago.

DI4 If you wouldn't drink the water, don't shoot the ammo. DISHOUT

I hope it works out for you - it wouldn't get within a country mile of either of my M14s.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I purchased two cans of that stuff from Wideners a couple of months ago. both cans were in great shape as was the ammo. I de-linked it all and repackaged it in GI cans.

How old was this can, or how long ago was it purchased and from whom, if you don't mind the question? I planned on buying more some time soon.

Thanks, CE
Oh, And it's headstamp dated 1990.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.