M14 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

Not necessarily a true BA topic (but could be if covert target practice became required)................What type and thickness of steel would you guys suggest to make up a 4' x 4' target back stop? I would expect it to be used mostly for .22 rim fire, but the ability to stand up to say 9mm would be a bonus. Would mounting it on an angle be advisable? Any other tips? Thanks!

Regards, Jim

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Greetings,

Thanks for the replies. Use will be private, indoor and very occasional. There is no way the projectile would be able to exit the structure (underground). I'm interested in a metal back stop to prevent any potential scaring of the concrete walls. I've looked at designs using curved, angled and multiple "trap" type systems. At this point just trying to find out what type and thickness of steel would be sufficient to stop a 9mm (maximum, .22LR more likely). All the other details of the design will be worked out after I find this data.

Regards, Jim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.