M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, maybe for it is a stubid question, but i noted in my M1A that the back part of the receiver it is not simmetric as other that i have seen or as my M1 garand's, is this normal or again it is a defect ? pleae see the photo, and sorry for the bad quality. tks BR ric
[/img]

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
Keep in mind that these are commercial made receivers and do not have to go through the rigid inspections and acceptance that USGI M1 Garand receivers did. ALso, the quality of M1A receivers has declined since manufacture was moved from the USA to Canada. It appears either the mold for the casting or the final machining was done poorly.

I have also seen this on Ruger Mini-14 receivers which are also castings!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks Tommo for the explanation, is this a common defect on the M1A SA receiver ? it is a big defect enought to send back the rifle for the sobstitution of the receiver ? Tks BR ric

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the support, i just sent an e-mail to SA Geneseo with attacht a picture of it, for shure they will not do anithyng, i leave in italy and it is very complecated to send the rifle to the factory. But I ask them how a rifle at this price level can left the factory with a visible defect as this one. TKS BR ric

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.