M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this listed a couple of days ago on the Ordnance History Thread. However Bill was unable to give me an answer on it. Suggested that I might get some info from another.

Anyone ever see this type of Marking on the butt, and know who Made it?
This is a Black Walnut Stock. It may be Nothing, just a dent?

This next one is of an un-issued, Replacement Birch stock that I just got. It's absolutely beautiful! Not a mark or blemish on it. Still has the plastic protector with the drawing # on it to keep the top part of the Butt end from getting damaged. It doesn't have the Cartouche or 'P' proof mark on it, indicative of replacement stocks.

You might notice that there seems to be a second Letter next to the 'B' mark. It looks like a 3, 8 or even another 'B' maybe even an 'R'??

Any information on the origin of the 'B' Mark would be greatly appreciated?

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I Have a Stock with a Mark that looks Exacly like the one in you Top Picture, I,ll have to look for it and I'll send a Picture, it may not be until tomorrow! :!:

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
:D This is the Stock I was talking about however this is a Dark Walnut Presentation Stock I bought from Fred years ago, I just Wonder if it is not one half of an "O" for Overton :?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Intersting, I too got my top pictured stock from Fred's, as a presentation Walnut. According to Fred's Website, I think My Stock is a TRW. Based on the Dimple Ferrule, and the PLain Flat 'P' proof mark. If the Butt Mark is 1/2 an 'O', then it would be safe to say that it is indeed a TRW.

That may solve the puzzle for the first pic, But what about this mysterious 'B' mark and the second letter or #.

It has really got me puzzled. In a few weeks I'm going back to where I got it from. I'll see if I can find another.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
:D Roger that, but mind you I am only Guessing! :?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.