M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I wouldn't be real happy about the guy with his hand on the wall if I was the one below him. That would be one helluva muzzle blast.
Guy with the M4 has the grenades. He wins. GI5

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Something seems... off about a good deal of gear in that picture.
Did you notice they're all wearing trail shoes instead of combat boots? Or how the guy with the M4 has a TAO1 acog instead of a M150 day optic? Also of interest is the forward EBR has Badger rings for a MK14 MOD 0 instead of the EBR rings that came with the rifle from TACOM, it also has a non standard non TACOM issued vortex flash suppressor without its front sight.

Something tells me these guys bought the SAGE stocks or family bought them and shipped them to the FOB, and they did the conversions. I highly doubt they came from TACOM. That and the pieced together look of the rest of their gear.

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
Those are israeli troops I believe that's why it's wierd.

I wonder of those are idf marked m1as

I'd imagine trail shoes aren't so bad for certain situations.

In the heat specifically I reach for my merrills but the other 3 seasons I have worn 5.11 boots when tramping over rocky terrain.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Something seems... off about a good deal of gear in that picture.
You get a lot more wiggle room as far as standards down range. A lot of guys ditch the boots for hiking boots or trail shoes. You can run faster in them. People add high speed stuff to their service rifles, and then take it off when it comes time for inspection. It all really boils down to if the commander and 1SG are cool with it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I like the lack of a FSP on the lower one. Hope the optic survives.

Nice picture though and gear was pretty typical. Run what you were issued or could purchase. Uniform standards were usually relaxed a bit, esp. for the Grunt units.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
The handguards are not "grippy" enough. It is a heavy rifle with optics especially, and when I pick mine up I think of adding a front vertical grip or remove the handguard.
When you have optics, you will have fewer "handling" options. Infantry guys tend to grab hold of stuff and move fast. Whoever designed that handguard should rethink and perhaps go out to the field and see what the troops say.

Interesting, both have the handguards removed.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts