M14 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The DEVINE TEX marking was placed on a specific serial number range of Texas era M1A rifles in 1973. If you go to the Commercial M14 section of the Photo Gallery at www.imageseek.com/m1a you will see two documents signed by Elmer Ballance that together confirm that the "DEVINE TEX" barrel marking is original to M1A serial number 000708 and that rifle was built by Mr. Ballance in February 1973.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Thanks Different,

I am sure there are quite a few people who will be happy and relieved that their rifles are not "fakes". I am one of those people.

So, thank you again for clearing this up and putting that matter to rest.

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Banned
3 Posts
DEVINE TX marked M1A'S

Just to clear something up. There has been alot of mis-information put out there in books and on Forums concerning what is a correct Devine M1A. If you find an M1A from ser#1 to about 3200 and the barrel has been marked by hand, by electropencil or panograph with DEVINE TX or DEVINE TEX. It is not an original Devine TX, Elmer Ballance built rifle. This includes ANY Devine receiver without barrel markings.

Please don't take my word for it. If you disagree with what I just wrote, Elmer Ballance encourages you to call him personally at area code 830, to clear up the discrepancies. His number is in the book.

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It is not an original Devine TX, Elmer Ballance built rifle [for] ANY Devine receiver without barrel markings.
No disagreement on this point. If the barrel was bare of an address marking but it is part of a complete M1A rifle, it was not built by Elmer Ballance. No problem here.

ETA: Apparently, there were some of the first 100 complete M1A rifles without a barrel address stamping per http://m14tfl.com/upload/showthread.php?t=59531

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
cdj7097,

You are deliberately challenging Different on information that he has documentation of. If you believe that this information is not correct, then YOU prove it and don't just rant!

You have the burden of proof here and not Different! You produce documentation on what you assert as being the "real" information and don't tell someone to call Elmer or anyone else for that matter. If you don't believe the information is true or correct, then you do the research and leg work and GET the documentation.

When you get this information and produce it, the Forum can then better decide and make up their own mind as to which is correct. But no one is going to listen to you because YOU say so.

This forum has been fostered on civil discussion and first hand information and knowledge. At least Different has produced information that he has been able to acquire and has posted publicly.

Normally when someone is blind sided and attacked, the thread is locked down or at least put in a "holding" area to be discussed internally by the Owner and Moderators. The Owner/Moderators would decide whether a thread is worthy to being reposted.

As a Moderator and involved in this thread, I have chose to address this issue and not move or lock this thread.

So, if you believe what you are saying is correct, then get the documentation and make it public.

Tom O.

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
cdj7097 or Cecil or whatever your name is over at CSP.... said:
FYI I have been blocked from the M14 forum so lie upon lie on this issue can be spouted without any problem..........

He ( Different) shut me down over there........

Different didn't shut him down, I did! Not because Different wanted him shut down, but, because he was being confrontational. After putting out an announcement as well as a few replies here and there concerning being confrontational, a harder stance on the issue needed to be made.

It's easy to sit back and tell someone that they are wrong and not offer up any proof, but only hearsay, and repeatedly at that.

If one wants to be confrontational here, then they must be willing to accept the consequences.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Lee (Different) has put an awful lot of research on this, and truthfully has no motivation otherwise. One thing we can all agree on, the boy has and continues to do his homework and is always willing to share an answer to young or old. I would never call him out in public out of respect due. (and the fact he would probably be right and I would look the foolGI2)

cdj7097 got less than what he deserved because a TASER wasn't involved...DIEVIL

Good work Boss.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts