M14 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I love the green Aussie bandos, they last forever........I would love to buy some if any of you guys have some to sell!!

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Yes, much thicker fabric and much more durable than U.S. bandoleers. No issues with the snaps. The Aussies re-used these bandoleers, just marking a new ammo lot number on them each time they were reloaded. These bandoleers, quite literally, will last nearly forever.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
I have five of these. They are great, much better than USGI or any other that I've found.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I bought several cases of the Aussie 7.62 made in 1983. All the ammo is packed in 50 round bandos and strippers. The markings indicate that the bandos were originally packed with .303 British ammo, so the 7.62 was a repack. Without getting too slobbery over bandoleers, the ones I have are great.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I have some, but not for sale.

I have a single 30 cal can of these. With ammo, an stripper clips.
Never been out of the can.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I have a couple sealed 200 rnd cans of '83 F4. I opened one can to check it out and the bandloeers are brand new. Thick as denim with good strong snaps and brass or steel rings. I have a bunch of F4 in M80 bandos that don't even compare.

·
Registered
689 Posts
The reason it doesn't attract a magnet, it's old fashioned ammo with a copper jacket and a lead core. (Just like Davey Crocket used to win all his matches).

·
Registered
43 Posts
win308, this is Kalifornia...

My LC 67 can't be used on a public range. I'm an old shooter and know why, just thought it could help somebody.GBERET5 If my memory is correct, the red flash is 7th Group, not 5th. Airborne!

·
Administrator
17,386 Posts
My LC 67 can't be used on a public range. I'm an old shooter and know why, just thought it could help somebody.GBERET5 If my memory is correct, the red flash is 7th Group, not 5th. Airborne!
7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) 7th Special Forces Group beret flash
Active 1942–45 {disbanded
1960 – present Country
United States Branch
United States Army Garrison/HQ Eglin AFB Nickname The Devil's Brigade Motto Lo Que Sea, Cuando Sea, Donde Sea Engagements Vietnam War
Operation Urgent Fury
Operation Just Cause
Operation Enduring Freedom
Operation Iraqi Freedom

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sir, the icon suggested SF5 with a red flash.

Ours had a black flash with diagonal red and yellow stripes until after 'Nam, then we went pure black. Thank you. Cos

1 - 15 of 15 Posts