M14 Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Tony,
Thanks! Been off the site for a while but after viewing your video my AG composite stock is back on my 19.25” M14. The stock was on my shelf and I was considering getting rid of it, but after relieving the area mentioned in your video, mags are seating nicely!

Steve

·
Registered
30 Posts
Tony's videos

This weekend I watched many of Tony's videos on cleaning, disassembly & reassembly, cleaning, gas sytem, tilt test, etc. I then dove into troubleshooting my M1A having a MUCH better idea of what I was looking for. The point of cleaning the gun upside down - and me using copper cleaner a month ago made me realize I might have issues. Went to the tilt test on the gas system - really stuck piston. From there going to repair I found the gas plug loose from a light bracket I had foolishly placed on the gun six months ago - and I believe the harmonics loosened the plug during that brackets time on the gun. This led to poor cycling in the gun as the gas port was not totally aligned - but finding the blotched areas on the gas piston made me realize cleaning upside down to be mandatory especially with the copper removing chemicals. I did my best at scotchbrighting the cylinder and piston back to a nice dry smooth slide when tilted. I found the stock was binding in the area of the front ferrule where Tony had indicated to lube that area with grease - after filing off the chafed stock area and greasing I'm thinking these improvements will make a significant improvement at the range. It had gone from a 1 1/4" group (for me) to a 3" plug group gun with roving groups during shooting. REALLY THANKFUL for all of Tony's videos on the M14 topics he's covered - what a wealth of knowledge transfered to us mere mortals who are trying to figure things out on our own. Again - Thanks Tony! Ralph

61 - 68 of 68 Posts