M14 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I gave you a thanks Tony, because I am only allowed to give you "a" thanks, not multiples. If I could give you more I would.

Reactions: tonyben

·
Registered
90 Posts
Tony, all I can say is ...you da man!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Outdoor Forums mobile app

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm new to this forum ! I've browsed through before I reg. and liked what I've read . It appears there is a good number of Vets which I like . I've seen your youtube version which was great . Reason being I just sold my socom 2 for a scout squad which is a little different then the socom 2(socom2 is a really nice pcs. a little heavy and to much mass )as the gas system and shims etc. . That's how I found you video very help full to the scout ! Do they already come w/the proper shim ?

·
Super Moderator
11,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I'm new to this forum ! I've browsed through before I reg. and liked what I've read . It appears there is a good number of Vets which I like . I've seen your youtube version which was great . Reason being I just sold my socom 2 for a scout squad which is a little different then the socom 2(socom2 is a really nice pcs. a little heavy and to much mass )as the gas system and shims etc. . That's how I found you video very help full to the scout ! Do they already come w/the proper shim ?
Sorry, I just now saw this post.

Congrats on your new scout! Factory SAI rifles don't normally come with shims at all. Check to see if the front band is loose. If it is, then it needs shims.

I'm glad that the videos helped.

Tony.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Tony,

I can’t get the videos to work.

·
Super Moderator
11,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I deleted the old videos and made a more current one a couple of years ago. Here's the latest and greatest...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzPw9BD56hU&t=1233s[/ame]

Tony.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I have watched all of Ben's videos before I indulged myself into the M14 rifles.

Many thanks to Ben, i built 4 units and they all shoot tight. I went w/ the Fultons. Now I am looking into the Bula receivers.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have finally got around to watching your great tutorial. I had not disassembled my M1A any further than a field stripping that I did with my M14 while in the USMC. I learned a lot from your video. That being said my gas cylinder need a few taps from my gunsmith hammer. Reassembling the gas system seems to take some additional taps with the hammer. The gas cylinder lock then goes to about the 6:30 to 7:00 position when tightening.
Do I need a shim between the gas cylinder and the barrel band?

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have finally got around to watching your great tutorial. I had not disassembled my M1A any further than a field stripping that I did with my M14 while in the USMC. I learned a lot from your video. That being said my gas cylinder need a few taps from my gunsmith hammer. Reassembling the gas system seems to take some additional taps with the hammer. The gas cylinder lock then goes to about the 6:30 to 7:00 position when tightening.
Do I need a shim between the gas cylinder and the barrel band?
did you try flipping the lock over to see where it locks from the other side? how does it shoot at the 6;30 7;00. could be the best position. over torque not good.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts