M14 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All, so my new-to-me M1917 custom target rifle has a MASHBURN ARMS CO. trigger... the rifle is very well made with a Douglas heavy barrel in 30-06 and a very well fitted stock that I’ve yet to find on the inter-webs... it also looks to be a build from years ago, coated in crusted and aged grease that looked and felt like rust. It all came off and the rifle presents well.

Could this be an Art Mashburn build or is there any way to tell? I don’t think he would have settled for a plain 30-06 unless it was ordered that way. But I’m also highly uneducated on this subject, as you could imagine...

Is there another forum I should check up on as well?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WaM,
I researched him a bit and Art Mashburn apparently did very nice work. Though my trigger is a Mashburn, I don’t think I’d be lucky enough for it to be built in OKC by Art Mashburn. I can’t wait to shoot it though.

Was your Mashburn Trigger pretty sweet? This one feels like a nice Timney. It’s hard to believe that Mashburn built their own triggers prior to all the automated CNC machines.

Russ

That's it!! I was wracking my noodle yesterday trying to remember that name, I had a rifle with that trigger, even looked like that one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts