M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the last couple of weeks I have seen 2 M14 flash suppressors that were stamped into the bottom of the bayo lug "NM". My Q is this,,have any of you observed this marking on "original" Springfield Armory or TRW factory built national match rifles?? Or is this just an SA Inc thing. Please advise,,and again,I am refering to "factory built" original NM rifles,not armorer built,modified, or upgraded rifles. Thanks in advance.

·
MGySgt USMC (ret)
7,066 Posts
My answer may not help much. I never saw "Factory Fresh" TRW NM M14's that came that way from the factory as it was a little before my time as a NM Armorer. Besides, the Marine Corps did not get them from TRW or the real Springfield Arsenal anyway, to my knowledge.

However, I also don't remember seeing ANY M14 FS that was marked "NM" and I did see quite a few Army, Army Reserve, Army NG, Navy and I think two or three NM M14's built by the Air Force Armorers.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I wasn't going to read this post but that's the best laugh I have had in weeks!

Thanks Art!
Art were you ever a DI? If so I feel sorry for ur recruits! If not you should have been!

Now your making up your own words! To funny and I actually learned something.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
The FS with the NM has been rojkohnized, a true collectors item. Never have I seen or heard of a NM FS.. Sorry for the bad news. Regards, Art
Have to admit, I laughed out loud on that!

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
I was going to duracoat my ball pean hammer after last weeks debacle. but ran out of duracoat (man my bowie knife looks sweet in FDE)

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Ceracoat will hold up better!

Besides, if a 'smith has to ream a FS to get it to specs, you can look at it to see if it's been modified. You sure don't need some Wardor initials or stamps to make it so.

Bruce

·
Registered
359 Posts
nm flash supp markings

the nm flash suppressor IAW Drawing PN#9352718, dated 82/06/07 under notes or anywhere else on the drawing does not call for mfr or type markings period somebody used artistic license. jeff

·
Registered
Custom service rifle builder
8,725 Posts
I have never seen a M14 flash suppressor marked NM, modified or not. I have seen M1 Garand gas cylinders marked NM. AFAIK, the only M14 parts to be marked NM were the barrel rear and front sights, and original M14NM receivers.

It's probable that someone stamped the NM on the flash suppressor after reaming to NM specs. There is nothing wrong with doing this, but it tends to confuse the "collectors".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.