M14 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
I gotta tell you guys . . .
I've got all my dad's stuff from China in the 1930s up to Vietnam, and now? No one cares!
His Yangtze Campaign medal was worth $750.00 some years back . . .
None of his grand children care, my sisters and brothers don't care . . but they are interested in his medals that are worth something to collectors.

I seriously think I'm going to burn it all.

I've been saving it all since 1969, everything, photos, documents, uniforms, medals, etc.

People always talk about how much they care about Veterans . . . but it is usually all palaver.

People disgust me.
A better solution might be to donate them to a military museum of some sort if that's the case. Make sure they know to keep it all together as a complete collection never to be sold. (They usually are cool enough to keep stuff like that together.) If he was Air Corps/Air Force, Wright Pat might like it. West Point. Smithsonian might dig it too. You might want to keep copies of his documents for family historical purposes. My uncle who was career Army donated some items he liberated to a Belgian museum. (Several uniforms and such.)

A better solution might be to donate them to a military museum of some sort if that's the case. Make sure they know to keep it all together as a complete collection never to be sold. (They usually are cool enough to keep stuff like that together.) If he was Air Corps/Air Force, Wright Pat might like it. West Point. Smithsonian might dig it too. You might want to keep copies of his documents for family historical purposes. My uncle who was career Army donated some items he liberated to a Belgian museum. (Several uniforms and such.)
I've also got collections given to me by a friend of my mother's since 1939, she died in 1999. She was engaged to Ens. Ulvert M. Moore, of VT-8, killed at Midway, and her later husband, Lt. Melvin Roach, was killed at Saipan. She gave me these because she knew I'd take care of her "boy's things" for her.

I have some thinking to do . . . .

Thanks for the suggestion!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.