M14 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
:? Jeff, maybe I am dense this Morning but I am not understanding you at all :? #-o

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you install the rear site base it hits the back of the ears on the receiver because teh holes for the elevation and windage knobs are drilled slightly too far towards the front of the receiver..

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm not sure I understand either, but, a mis-machined casting cannot be easily corrected.
It should have been right when you purchased it.
Return it for refund or replacement.

If you could post some pics, a better determination of the problem could be made.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Jeff, no offense, but have you ever assembled an M1 Garand/M14 rear sight before?

·
Banned
2,159 Posts
JeffJ said:
When you install the rear site base it hits the back of the ears on the receiver because teh holes for the elevation and windage knobs are drilled slightly too far towards the front of the receiver..
I'm going out on a limb here but, if you're having trouble installing the knobs because they're tight, it could be that the spring cover is tight and you'll only need to push the base forward untill the knobs will go in. This is a good thing.

Most likely, there's nothing wrong with the receiver.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
:D I am very Familiar with the Investment Casting Process and Your Explanation does NOT make any Sense, that Hole may be out by a Few Thousands but to be off by as much as you stated is not Possible even if someone Tried! :?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry I was not clear,
I have many garands and have owned an M1A.
I am very familiar with the rear site set-up.

The problem is not the casting, it is where the hole was drilled. you can actually still see where the depression was that was supposed to be drilled out.

The hole is drilled about 1/16th too far towards the front of the receiver. So when you attempt to install the site knobs and base it hits the back of the receiver "ears".

It does not appear it could be corrected unless drilled oversized as bushing installed...It is going back...

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I didn't know you had an Armscorp, from Sarco. I had read that they were not the same as the Ones at Armscorp.
You should get your refund and then Buy one directly from Armscorp.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just spoke to someone at Armscorp..wow the guy must have been severly hung over. Just about incoherent....suggested I send them the receiver and rear site so they could handle warrany repair.
I don't think I want to send my receiver and my $150 USGI NM rear site assembly to them and hope I see them again this year...I guess I need to just buy another receiver or forget it for now.

·
Banned
517 Posts
Armscorp receiver

Jeff,

The best thing you dould do is send the receiver back to Armscorp. Forget about sending them any parts.

Let THEM figure it out. I'm sure if you send a detailed letter explaining the problem, they will replace the receiver.

The first one I bought directly from them had a flaw in it. I called them, talked to them, then sent it back.

They replaced it no problems. Don't screw yourself. They will make it right for you.

Mike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.