M14 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered some parts and stuff from ArmsCorp on December 9, 2002 and I just received them today!!! One month plus a day...

I was beginning to wonder about Armscorp... On December 26th or 27th, I called and got Mark (who originally took my order) who said that they were a bit back logged and I would get my order before the new year. But he didn't take my name?!? So, I assumed that meant that this applied to everyone... so, okay cool... be patient!

On January 6th and 7th, 2003, I called Armscorp to check on my order and only got a voice message advertising their store hours? And previous e-mail over the course of the month were NEVER answered... in fact, I have never received any e-mail from them... Hmmm..... but I gave it one more try late on January 7th... I e-mailed a VERY friendly but firm e-mail asking about my order and requested a simple reply or acknowledgement to let me know that they were capable of receiving and sending e-mail... NO RESPONSE...

Well, last night, I was trying to buy something on-line and my credit was "locked" for my protection, so I called in to have my account unlocked and while I was there, I checked on the last three most current charges.... Well, what do you know... one of them was Armscorp... and the package arrived today (UPS 2 day Delivery)! Coincidence? Hmmm... Alls well that ends well?

The invoice was marked "1 - mdse" and did not state what items I was charged for nor the quantity... just a subtotal, shipping and a total... AMAZING!!!

The parts were as ordered, I think, I have not fully itemized everything against my original order yet... and I ordered as many "NEW" parts as I could so I expected everything that arrived to be NEW or at least GOOD condition!!! Most look okay, and I would estimate probably new.

My peev is that it took a long time and I never got ANY communication from Armscorp (phone call or e-mail)... and that invoice REALLY needs some work... I know that Armscorp has offered good service to others... but I think I feel much more confident with Fulton Armory for the difference in price... which is usually a bit more...but has never failed! This was just my first order with Armscorp to see what kind of products and service, I could expect... Wow, this was NOT good!

BTW: During this period, I had ordered the same parts from Fulton Armory (you can call this stupid, its okay) and all of my parts ordered were delivered on-time with instant confirmation of order. I continued with the Armscorp order because I wanted to see how this played out... and now I know...

In closing, I would say that this was NOT a good first time experience with Armscorp... However, this message was not meant as a flame but a caution that things may be a bit topsy turvy over there right now! Whereas, Fulton Armory has all the right stuff and great web site to boot!!!

Aloha,

Tom O.

Hawk, if this is NOT an appropriate message, please delete this message...

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Tom, Message is absolutely appropiate. Perhaps you might make a phone call to them and inquire as to why your invoice wasn't done correctly. That to me is a Major (besides the communication) due to the fact that if you needed to return something, how can you substantiate what it is you are returning. Now we all fall short of expectations occassionally due to circumstances beyond our control. However, I think that a proper invoice is a definite must no matter the circumstance. JMHO Hawk

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sorry to hear that Tom! :(
I have had very excellent results and communications with Numrich, Fulton Armory and Orion7. I ordered a couple of handguards from Fred's well aware that he is SLOW and usually short in the communications area. He was true to reputation :roll: but I did eventually get genuine USGI stuff with no disappointment or further communication needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.