M14 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are ArmsCorp M14 rifles decent? A guy on another forum has one for sale for $1500.
Just looking at the picture I can see what appears to be a slightly oversized stock(target stock?), scope mount, and NM peep sight.
Before I ask the guy too many questions, I am just curious as to whether an Armscorp is worth buying.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Find out all you can. Is it a factory built rife? how many USGI parts? new or used parts involved in build? If it was a bare receiver build, who built it? Ask lots of questions, if the answers are vague or not what you want to hear adjust your price accordingly. It is very difficult to buy a rifle like the M14 from a few pictures, if you do not know the seller and reputation. Get a buy back option if it is not what is stated in description.

John

·
Resident Rascal
13,508 Posts
I'd suggest doing a search of this forum. Some people really don't care for Armscorp and some have had good luck. From what I've seen selling an Armscorp seems harder than a Springfield or LRB. I chose a Springfield over taking a chance on a Armscorp. For $1500 you can readily buy a Springfield and it will come with a lifetime warranty. Armscorp is out of business.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I'd suggest doing a search of this forum. Some people really don't care for Armscorp and some have had good luck. From what I've seen selling an Armscorp seems harder than a Springfield or LRB. I chose a Springfield over taking a chance on a Armscorp. For $1500 you can readily buy a Springfield and it will come with a lifetime warranty. Armscorp is out of business.
There is a store here that has a new Springfield for $1299. I looked at it yesterday. They also have one for $2699. Just depends on the options. The same is true for a rifle built on an arscore reciever.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
My 2nd or Newest Match Rifle is an Armscorp, I have shot it since 1997, Great Rifle!dance2

·
Registered
209 Posts
I love my mostly-USGI Armscorp. I agree with others in this thread...find out how many (if any) USGI parts were used in its assembly and find out who built it.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Chances are that an armscorp will have all usgi parts or quality aftermarket parts because the rifle was probably built by an enthusiast.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts