M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a buddy with an Armscorp M14 and he swears that his rifle has a forged receiver. I've always heard that Armscorp receivers were all cast.

Does anyone know if Armscorp ever built their rifles using a forged receiver? Also who made their receivers and where were they made?

7th

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
When I got mine I was told the early ones were forged, but I am not sure of the serial #s.
You were told Wrong, All Armscorp Receivers are Cast,there are no Forged Armscorp Receivers, early or late!ICONWINK

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anybody know if Armscorp parts cast in the USA or in the the Philippines? I want to have the straight skinny when I talk to my buddy about it.

7th

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Does anybody know if Armscorp parts cast in the USA or in the the Philippines? I want to have the straight skinny when I talk to my buddy about it.

7th
I don't know, but I would bet that Member Different does!

·
Retired
4,769 Posts

7th
Armscor (no "p") is Philippines
Armscorp is USA
Two totally separate companies.GI1

·
Registered
Custom service rifle builder
8,108 Posts
Early Armscorp

I don't recall what year it was, sometime in the mid 1980's. Armscorp advertized forged receivers in SGN. I thought that was great and ordered one. About a year and a half later they informed me that the forged receivers would not be available and they would substitute two cast receivers if that was alright with me. I took them up on the offer, but found both to out out of spec and I had to return one for replacement.

The forged receivers advertized in SGN were to be made by Smith Enterprise and actually made from rolled billet steel rather than forged. There were delivery problems between Smith and Armscorp which prevented orders being filled. From what I understand there may have been a few of these receivers shipped and sold. No one seems to know how many. It's very possible that a few are out there, only Ron and Jack know for sure.

I took delivery of Smith receivers in 1986, the same year I got my first FFL. The Armscorp cast receivers finally started coming in 1988. I recall that Springfield deliveries were very off and on during this time frame. Armscorp provided a resonable substitute even if they had a lot of problems. Smith receivers were excellent, but production was somewhat limited. I used Smith billet receivers on my personal competition guns for many years. The were the best available at the time.

·
Registered
9,465 Posts

7th
Commercial or military contract M14 parts have never been made in the Philippines.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts