M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
None with there M-21, I do with there M-14 NM, its tack driver and for $1000. I`d jump at that if I had the coin pre-ban or post at that price its a no brainer unless its been flogged to death!! best of luck to you

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha CF:

Armscorp would be EXCELLENT! I have a Armscorp NM made into a NM and she is beautiful! Shoots really well.

Good for you... sounds like you got yourself a "winner" deal there...

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stupid California. Has a FLASH SUPPRESSOR so deal is a no go. Unless something can be worked out, uninstalling the flash or something. IT was NIB too!

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
You can have the seller REMOVE the flash hider so it is not attached to the rifle before he ships. It is "LEGAL" then. You can not put it back on though. Just buy a SA Inc. Muzzle Brake or Smith Muzzle Brake and put it on there and you're "CA LEGAL".

The problem is a lot of times the seller (esp. a shop) will not go through the trouble of taking it off for you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Dude, M21? are you sure? Armscorp M21s are like the SA Supermatch, and run about $3500 new. If a factory rifle in good shape that's an awesome deal. I paid $1600 for mine used and feel like I stole it.

·
Forever Remembered - RIP
3,750 Posts
I send the guy a set of castlenut pliers, allen wrench & $25 for his time and get that puppy on the next UPS truck. My Armcorp M14 thinks it's a bench rest rifle. With bipod & scope I have several groups from 100yrds that a dime will cover. Average is between 1/2-3/4 MOA. I hope you get it.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
M21

Beware,

Armscorp are good receivers ... But..

M14NM and M21 markings are the same receiver marked differently so they can get into different states. I think it was either New Jersey or Conneticut.

They have excellent specs, but it depends on the configuration wether its a match gun or not. 8)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I like may Armscorp. Good receiver, well-regarded by most 'smiths.

Chainfire is correct. From what I've been told, the M14, M14NM, and M21 are the same receiver. They added the NM to make it more desirable, and all the NJ rifles are marked M21 to stay legal there. However, the build quality of different rifles may be different, but this does not always correspond to the receiver markings.

If all else fails and you can't get him to remove the f/h (e.g.- you have no other option but to lose the rifle), have the seller use a hacksaw or Dremel to cut off the splines and bayonet lug. A rough cut can be finished up later. You loose the f/h, but the rifle can be shot and you can add a Smith or SA muzzle brake later.

-- cw

1 - 10 of 10 Posts