M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My M14 has then new ARMS #18 w/ Leupold QRW medium rings. To get the rings on the mount so I could actually quick release them, I had to set the quick release levers on the right side of the mount (where the rifle ejects the spent brass). This caused a few 'jams' (6 out of 240) at the range yesterday. Brass kept getting stuck between the front lever and the op rod. Everything was fine when I removed the scope and shot open sights. The mount is great, the scope is great, the rifle is great. It's embarrasing to have jams at the range though. Can I get the scope to mount w/ the levers on the left side? How?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had the same set up you describe and like you I was unhappy with the rings in this configuration. I opted out and sold them along with the mount. I am trying to decide which mount I'll buy for next deer season, but the rings will be different for sure. I found the leavers to alway be in the way.

Bill

·
Registered
327 Posts
chmielewskil I'm using that style ring (Temp) mounted
w/levers on the left side, no problem releasing them. I am
using the early #18 w/stripper guide no jams ever. I would
guess you have the new style ARMS with the full rail, many
people have been complaining about these. Your best bet
is trying out a set of 22m rings or find an early mount. Good
luck.

·
Registered
156 Posts
chmielewskil, You have precisely the same set up as me. I was able to mount the levers to the left side of the receiver as you mentioned. The only trouble is the forward ring lever hitting the ARMS mount. If you will "lift" the lever to swing it past the mount, you can use them on this side rather easily. I only have to lift it over the mount on the last turn of tightening. I also have the rings on the most forward and most rearward positions on the ARMS mount. Try it-I think it will work for you too.

Be sure to move your rings forward in their respective grooves so they rest tightly against the rail grooves. This will keep the scope/rings from trying to migrate during recoil.

·
Registered
202 Posts

Hey guys...

#1......
I have had the OLD style A.R.M.S. #18 Mount and now I have the new A.R.M.S. #18 mount and they BOTH mount with the #22 QD levers on the left side allowing the brass to eject properly.

#2....
I just turned my scope around backwards and the A.R.M.S.#22 Rings fit with the levers facing to the RIGHT side of the weapon over the ejection port too.

SOLUTION.....
Ditch the Leupold QD Ring's and get A.R.M.S. #22 :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.