M14 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed an arms 18 mount following all the directions it came with, however I did not use loktite as Im concerned if I ever wanted to change my setup I would not be able to do so without putting alot of tork on the receiver. So my question is, Is it absolutly necessary to use loktite to have a repeated zero. I will be putting a low power scope 1-4x on it. I would hate to have to find the answer to this after commiting a long trip to the range only to find a wandering zero.

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
I just installed one with no locktight and have now run 76 rounds through it yesterday, with no change in POI, just to see for myself. ARMS #18,#22, and 6x24x42 glass. It put them all in the same ragged hole. I also have another that I used blue locktight on all the threads, although they call for purple on the smaller allen screws. I had no problem removing them twice already. Just take some blue to the range with you and your tools. If it changes POI, you can fix it quickly and shoot something else while it dries. I like to let mine dry two days though, and you will need to degrease before locktighting it. It will dry in about thirty minutes with a rush job if needed.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks ripsaw, Ill buy some loktite and keep it around in case i need it. Ill probably run it awhile whithout and see how it holds up. I would think it would hold up for while because the receiver dosent flex much during firing like an AK or other stamped guns do. Guess Ill find out huh

1 - 3 of 3 Posts