M14 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a pic of the very front of their Arms # 18 mount set-up, specifically, the front contact point between the barrel ring and the mounting front point, and how theirs is installed. I just noticed mine has daylight under it and wondering if I missed something or left a part out or something. I am talking a full 1/8" or more gap !!

I noticed the slotted head fitting up front that has the little circlip holding it in, and have searched everywhere for installation instructions, to no avail. I am dummied up now and didn't want to mess it up. Can someone please post a step by step installation process for me and others.

I have two of these, and my other one just fit nicely and had contact up front with receiver ring?

If the front pin adjust, it looks like a special screwdriver will be needed with the middle cut out to clear the center pin? Heck ,I don't know, thats why I'm asking,....thanks for any help.

·
Registered
813 Posts

The instructions say to use a pick or awl I believe but I used a set of teeny snap ring pliers.
It says light contact, but I think I made slightly firm contact. Without jacking the mount out of shape.

90-100 inch lbs torque main bolt. Type B loctite. They call for loctite primer.
Rear bolt gets tightened, with type B loctite. No torque given.

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks alot Led Boot, I got it. Went to the shop and made a tool to turn it. Turns out the set screw had burred the internal workings up. Little breakfree and some southern engineering got it straightened out. I appreciate the direction, pic, and help.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
...and have searched everywhere for installation instructions, to no avail. I am dummied up now and didn't want to mess it up. Can someone please post a step by step installation process for me and others...
Not that you need them now but the instructions can be found here. I've used needle nosed pliers with the jaws opened to fit in opposite ends of the slot on either side of the center post to raise and lower the pad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts