M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ARMS #18 new style full rail mount,my question is when looking at the current ones being made i noticed it has the NSN stock number on them as well as the swan logo.Mine is void of these markings,could mine be a early version that did not use the NSN and swan markings.Everything seems to be identical.Any Ideas?

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Was this scope mount purchased directly from Atlantic Research Marketing Systems, Inc.?

The early style (two rail pads) and the late style (full rail) have always had the NSN and company logo markings. I have a photo of the casting of the early style scope mount. The markings, including the NSN, are part of the casting mold. The late style full rail was introduced in 2003. AFAIK, the markings have not been changed.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Could you photograph your mount and post it here?

The ProMag PM081a mount is a rough copy of the ARMS 18 mount. It has had the markings ground off the casting mold. You may have been sold a counterfeit.

·
Premium Member
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ARMS #18 pics

Different ,i made a mistake when i stated it was the newer style full rail mount,after getting the gun out of the safe and looking at it again i found out it was the older first style version,ive included some pics. I got this mount way back when i ordered the supermatch its on

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Interesting. I havent seen one quite like your ARMS 18 mount before. Here are some pics of what mine looks like.

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Different ,i made a mistake when i stated it was the newer style full rail mount,after getting the gun out of the safe and looking at it again i found out it was the older first style version,ive included some pics. I got this mount way back when i ordered the supermatch its on
Thank you, Gentlemen. These photos are very helpful. I looked at the A.R.M.S. # 18 photos I have in my library.

I have a photo of an early style A.R.M.S. # 18 mount with the integral cartridge clip guide. It does not appear to have a NSN either. So, I'd say the early style # 18 scope mounts at first were not marked with a NSN. forceman, what year did you acquire your rifle? That will help us date the lack of the NSN. The early style (two rail pads) # 18 scope mount was brought to market in 1989.

I noticed a couple other small differences. Some of the # 18 mounts lack the "SWAN" marking to the right of the "18" at the upper right hand corner on the vertical surface. I have an early style # 18 mount sans cartridge clip guide. It is marked SWAN to the right of "18". It also has "98" to the right of "MA" in the top row of text at the bottom of the vertical surface. It does have the NSN. I assume "98" means 1998.

·
Premium Member
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Arms #18

I ordered the supermatch in late 1989, i can recall that the #18 mount was just being released around this time also when i purchased it . Thanks for the help,this board is great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts