M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I won an ARMS 18 on Gunbroker for $80.00. It was listed as being mounted on the sellers rifle once and removed and it looks to be in that good of condition. The problem is since it was used it did not come with any directions. Does any have a set of the directions for it they could scan in? Or does anyone know where I can find a set of directions Online. Or is it something someone could just give me the directions from this post? If someone could help me out would be great.

Thanks in advance

John

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I searched the ARMS site already and they onl have instructions for two products ARMS 40L and 50 I think with nothing for the 18.

I'll check the smith directions and see if I can use them thanks

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I want to add my thanks, because I needed it also...

Bill
You're both welcome. As your installations progress, I'd suggest dry fitting the mount with that pad up front retracted enough so that it doesn't rest on the receiver and what ARMS calls the "adjustable dovetail" left off. What you want to check for is some clearance (i.e., daylight) between the slanted back of the mount (not the "circular spacer" mentioned in step 7) and the slanted face of the receiver's dovetail. Depending on your particular receiver, there's a chance the distance between the mounting bolt and the dovetail is too short for the ARMS. If it is, the back of the ARMS will tend to ride up on the dovetail, tipping the mount forward and eating up your scope's elevation adjustment. (Ask me how I know GI4)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts