M14 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this rifle a few years ago from a friend. It had a well worn A2 stock and had been badly neglected. Another friend gave me the factory OD furniture when she upgraded her rifle with Magpul. I added a Spikes Tactical BCG and an RRA match trigger. She ain't fancy but she wasn't intended to be. She's just a good, simple rifle that is fun to shoot.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
I use a rra 2 stage match trigger with a jp yellow trigger spring. Sweet as pie for let off, but the reset is a mile long. I miss seeing the old style od green furniture on carbines. Seems magpul and fde have sent it the way of the dinosaurs.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I use a rra 2 stage match trigger with a jp yellow trigger spring. Sweet as pie for let off, but the reset is a mile long. I miss seeing the old style od green furniture on carbines. Seems magpul and fde have sent it the way of the dinosaurs.
This rifle had a lawyer approved trigger from the factory that felt like 12 pounds. I was afraid I was gonna develop carpal tunnel syndrome every time I shot it. The trigger was the most needed upgrade on it.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
The RRA trigger is a good buy for the money, but after trying a Geiselle trigger, I couldn't go back. Sure, the Geiselle is twice the price, but in this case you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The RRA trigger is a good buy for the money, but after trying a Geiselle trigger, I couldn't go back. Sure, the Geiselle is twice the price, but in this case you get what you pay for.
I've heard the Geiselle is a sweet setup. I'm cheap and fortunately I haven't had steak so bologna tastes mighty fine, lol!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.