M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ArmaLite's exclusive forged-steel clamp-on front sight base allows the shooter to zero the front sight so that the rear sight is perfectly centered. Massive clamp screws hold the base tightly in place without the bore deformation that is common to the usual, difficult to service pins. No pins allows this sight to be easily reusable.

The benefits of this are two fold.

1. Perfect front sight alignment

2. Allows you to put on a barrel that has already been pre drilled for another FSB / gas block. Can even install this on a virgin barrel without having to worry about getting it sent off to be pinned. Can simply screw on yourself!

I even added a front sling swivel at no extra cost to save you the time / money / trouble of finding one / putting one on.

THESE ARE NO LONGER MADE!!!!!!

Only $75!!!!!

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Fulton Armory sells various power wedges for that purpose. They clamp via set screws. They come in various barrel diameters and with bayonet lugs and without. Check there if you can't find at Armalite.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
I see that was a very old post from Blain. If he's still on here you might try a PM. I used a power wedge on a rifle. I was pretty happy with it. You can use it even on barrels that had pin holes in it.

Depending on where you are at in the build White Oak sells barrels with pockets milled out for a set screw system front sight base where the screw goes into the pocket for securement and ease of adjustment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts