M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me about an "Arlington Ord. tanker in .308"? I have a chance to buy one that is near new and I cannot find any information on it. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
MrUREasy,

Arlington Ord pre dates Blue Sky who imported Garands from Korea in the late 80s. Tankers are tough to get to work reliably but a heck of a lot of fun to shoot. If the seller will let you try before you buy then the decision will be based on it's preformance.

woof

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
You do know that there is no such thing as an official 'TANKER' garand. All were commercially done and some were not done well. There is 1 or 2 'short' garands , one at Springfield National Armory Museum.

·
Registered
590 Posts
They CAN be made to run well - you just need an armorer rather than a gunsmith to tweak it.

Warbird and Smith Ent. are both well-qualified. If you end up needing a new op-rod made, Ron Smith even has the correct jig.

No complaints with my Fed. Ord. "Tanker" since I had the timing and op-rod fixed.

flcracker

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.