M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the gun show today and missed out on the LC 308 (late start) :cry: .But I picked up some Argentine w/headstamp 7.62x51 12FLB81 Is this decent ammo :?: My trigger finger is ready for tomorrow :snipe:
Thanks
Ezra

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,160 Posts
dragracer440wedge,

FLB is from the same factory that makes FM, good when found. You should have some good surplus on your hands to use on the range. Enjoy

XXIV Corps :mrgreen:
DMZ 70-72

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
:D I still have a couple Hundred Rounds of FM, Its pretty Good! :D

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
:D Got in some Range Time Yesterday, this is Argentine Ammo shot at a 100yds Prone, the round in the White was before Sight Adjustment( I rarely shoot at a 100yds) the better Target was shot from a 1in10 the other one from a 1in12 :!:

·
Registered
497 Posts
I just found a source for some of this Argentine surplus.

I hedged my bets and bought some, but I wanted to ask a couple questions anyway. First...

Is $4.00 for 20 rounds ($0.20/round) a good price on this stuff?

"1 FLB 81" Is what is stamped on the box... does this mean that it is made in 1981? I haven't looked at the brass yet to see what it says.

Trung Si, Thanks for posting the photos. We'll see how the rounds I bought work for me.

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,160 Posts
Dude,

Dude said:
I just found a source for some of this Argentine surplus.

I hedged my bets and bought some, but I wanted to ask a couple questions anyway. First...

Is $4.00 for 20 rounds ($0.20/round) a good price on this stuff?

"1 FLB 81" Is what is stamped on the box... does this mean that it is made in 1981? I haven't looked at the brass yet to see what it says.

Trung Si, Thanks for posting the photos. We'll see how the rounds I bought work for me.
The cheapest 7.62x51/.308 on the internet can be found here, plus it's updated once a week. http://rifle-company.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=431
Dan's Sporting Goods has it for 15.50 per round..
FLB= "Fray Luís Beltran, San Lorenzo, Argentina, 81 is 1981.

Good luck.......

XXIV Corps :mrgreen:
DMZ 70-72

·
Registered
497 Posts
Thanks XXIV Corps,

I think my guy will supply my immediate needs... (as in I need to get range time immediately if not sooner!!!!), but your link was very helpful for my future purchases. Some of those guys have free shipping too!! I think that I will have to fore go lunches for a few days and save up for some ammo.!!

Dude

·
Registered
118 Posts
Spartacus2002 said:
I've stuck with Port and Aussie, never tried Argentine. Is the FM Argentine good stuff?
Me too all i've shot is aussie so far. but supplies is gone at all my online places. ammoman aimsurplus, ammunitionstore..... speaking of ammunitionstore.com they have the argentina ammo in stock now, Is it of equal quality of aussie or what? anyone know?

·
Retired Admin
19,160 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.