M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one heard of or used Argentina ammo. It came in a brown box 20 to the box. A friend owns a small gun and pawn shop he got twenty boxs in with a package deal from a fellow that was selling four hunting rifles. I got them off him for twenty bucks :D. Give range report soon going to shoot this weekend. They were fmj boxer primers.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Can't say offhand Fred that I have heard of its usage but thats not to say someone here might have more info on it.

Sounds like ya got yourself a good deal on it and let us know how it performs when ya get some range time.

Six

·
Registered
545 Posts
Fred

I used Argentine ammo in my M1A when I got a few years ago. I was stationed in San Diego at the time and the Argentine surplus was the only thing they would let me shoot that wouldnt punch holes in their bullet traps 8O . Its good ammo if you can find it, my FR8 likes it but the FR8 doesnt like my shoulder lol.

RRVI

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shot about 200 rounds today this stuff is as good as port wish Howard get this kind deals every day. Is aim surplus the only site that sells port it goes for $139.00 1k plus $18.00 shipping from them.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
:cry: Tokorev I bought a hundred rounds just to try it, shot two rounds for function,ok but its Berdan primed, not reloadable. :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Arg Ammo..........

I got a couple of cases of it, around 10 years ago..........

For grins, I shot a 5 shot group through a M40A1 TBA Clone...........
Grouped at .248 @ 100yds.............. 8O

Been looking for more ever since.........has a 143 gr BTFMJ bullet, w/ a ROLLED cannelure.............

Powder, was some of the tiniest extruded I have ever seen........

After that, I learned, that other LEO/SWAT/Mil Types were getting the same phenominal groups.............
It was '83/'84 Lot's,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.