M14 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A year ago my eye doctor gave me a bottle of Areds 2, a vitamin supplement specifically valuable for eye health. I've been taking these twice daily since and have noticed my reading glasses (2.5X) were becoming too strong and I reduced these to a 1.5. Yesterday at the pistol range, I used 1.5X reading glasses in order to focus on the front sight and these were too powerful so I switched to normal, un-magnified shooting glasses and they worked better. Being in my middle 70's I consider myself lucky to have un-corrected 20/20 vision but as mentioned, have had to use reading glasses for both shooting and their intended purpose. These eye vitamins are available over-the-counter and while not cheap, are highly recommended. I haven't been able to shoot without reading glasses in at least ten years and never expected to do so again.DI2

·
Banned
4,216 Posts
I'll give it a try. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I take them for Macular Degeneration. I have cut back to one pill a day as the lutein has caused me to develop kidney stones. Bausch and Lomb has a web site were you can get discount coupons. BJs Warehouse Club seems to have the best price and they accept the coupons.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.