M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Darn right I'm FREE, I'm from United States of America!"

Happy 4th of July to people from land of hope and glory!
Greetings from free Finland.

P.S. I took my M1 Garand and (copy made) M14 to local range today, just to listen the sound of freedom.

P.P.S I still miss the sound of V8 engine of my -69 Dodge Dart...

BR
Olavirta

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Thank you ,Sir. You have the Luxemburg rifle ,right? That's a nice touch , listening to the "sound of freedom" . Did your Dart have a 318 or a 340?

Reactions: Olavirta

·
Registered
431 Posts
Thanks and Happy Independence Day to you too.

Didn't go to the range but we made a firecracker run (130 miles) for the grandkids with the sound of the wind and a big V-Twin in our ears.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you ,Sir. You have the Luxemburg rifle ,right? That's a nice touch , listening to the "sound of freedom" . Did your Dart have a 318 or a 340?
It was "bolt on" tuned 318. Probably from Aspen or Valiant. Still, very nice running V8 with aluminium parts and 4bbl carburetor.

If I ever meet such smooth lining body with that MoPar engine... I probably take it with me to grave DI2

And my rifle is Luxembourg made. But I've something to come, from TRW...

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Those cars were nice, a neighbor in high school back then had a new bright orange 71' Plymouth Duster 340 [same car as a Dart] that little car ran good stock and very well with some bolt on's too. I was into Pontiacs back then. It was a good time to be into bikes and cars. A gearheads paradise.

·
Registered
531 Posts
F an A

Better believe it! The most memorable thing I took home from Iraq is I was talking to an Iraqi commando. With the language barrier without an interpreter and hand signals is that he wishes him and his family could sleep in peace together at night. I will never forget that. Most of us have that every night. It might seem bleak sometimes because of how we are changing. Have a happy 4th my Friends!
Johnny

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those cars were nice, a neighbor in high school back then had a new bright orange 71' Plymouth Duster 340 [same car as a Dart] that little car ran good stock and very well with some bolt on's too. I was into Pontiacs back then. It was a good time to be into bikes and cars. A gearheads paradise.
I know Dart, Valiant, Duster, Demon, Barracuda DI5
Can't deny, A-body MoPars are something to me RNGR1
Perhaps it's because my dad had '65 Valiant at the early '70's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts