M14 Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
That sounds like heaven, unless there's something in the city you need, and it's not like you can't make a day trip to visit for whatever it is, favorite restaurant or doctor visit or purse shopping or whatever, time to time.
That's the plan. The property is 1.5 hours from Lexington, KY and 1.5 hours from Knoxville, TN. My PCP(primary care physician) will be retiring in the next few years, so will the wife's. That is one of the only downsides to the move: the sucky medical care system in that region of KY. Any thing major gets you a helicopter ride to UK Medical Center, UT Medical Center or Central Baptist in Lexington. The other downside is the rampant drug abuse in the region; on the plus side is KY being a Constitutional carry state and low taxes on Social Security income and pensions. If we want no taxes on SS and pensions, it just a short 'hop" across the mountains to eastern TN.

·
Registered
596 Posts
No a bad idea. We are considering getting out of the Louisville Metro Area after what transpired last summer. My wife's family owns around 400 acres in far SE KY: one road in, nothing but family and in-laws for neighbors. Coal, natural gas, arable land, water and timber are on the property(along with a sizable deer herd). My wife's paternal grandfather bought out his siblings as they wanted to leave, but he still retained the original Revolutionary War land grant from 1799.
I Hope that for generations that the Family can keep it in the Circle of trust. There is nothing stronger than Family except for God. And to keep Families sacred land means having to pay taxes for something that God created yet Man puts the price of life on it. Governments put the cost of taxes on something they inherently think they own, or in control of.

I also live on Patented land that the Family had to sell of sections over hundreds of years to pay taxes. The last generation left and wanted nothing but the end result, money.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Road Warrior next?

Street Takeover Infestation Spreads To Charlotte: 30 Dodge Chargers Terrorize Public Roads (msn.com)

Cops got scared in Tacoma, WA recently, panicked and ran over a couple of "participants" in the festivities. This isnt going to end well if it keeps up.
Although some of my ancestors were probably Druids I am not able to see the future. From the clues that I see (33 years of working with "clues" in two states) I honestly don't know what's coming. My gut tells me that it will not be anything very good. Whatever it is i will meet it with my M-14 though.

Reactions: Arcticshooter

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bad behavior is only a problem because it's tolerated.
Our political system has either been struck stupid, or is complicit.
Most likely a lot of both
We get these bikers out in So Cal. They all slow down so they can do their bike tricks.
It’s all about me and what I wanna do. I’m just having fun. If I wanna do something you can’t stop me.
I see a lot of tire tracks in cul-de-sacs on private streets or businesses. All from these retards doing donughts or brodies.
When I had my shop we were in a commercial complex and these tards were racing all over the place. I called the cops and nothing ever happened. Can’t tell them anything cause they will come back later and vandalize your business or service trucks.

As far as land given to family I had to be a executor of wills to friends and a lot of people over the years leave land to their children. 80% of the time the kids didn’t want it and just wanted the money

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
17,030 Posts
This crazy driving on the streets is what happens when they shut down the public drag race tracks.
Nowhere to go.
m14brian

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
I remember the "run what ya brung" days at a local track way back when.
Now your vehicle has to pass a safety inspection if you want to race at the track.
Five point harness, fire suppression, fuel cutoff and no passengers.
We MIGHT have had a lap belt.

·
Premium Member
16,931 Posts
Focus on what you would like to see happen and chances are it will. A positive attitude Trump's all when backed up with a big stick.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I remember the "run what ya brung" days at a local track way back when.
Now your vehicle has to pass a safety inspection if you want to race at the track.
Five point harness, fire suppression, fuel cutoff and no passengers.
We MIGHT have had a lap belt.
Down Memory Lane: Saturdays or Sundays at the old Fresno Dragways in my "congratulations on not
getting killed in 'Nam" present to myself, my '68 Plymouth GTX. Sigh!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts