M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
I think we are but that's just an example of some a-holes being a-holes to put it mildly.

Happens around here when a bunch of rice rocket dopes make a run on the beltway.

Or like when some jack-a funeral director's jumped their lead vehicles onto the beltway from a ramp and caused an 'impromptu' halt to 4 lanes of beltway traffic for their prosession.

Ok. We hit a nerve with this story. Rant on standby.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I am amazed (although I shouldn't be) at the total disregard for others that more and more people (primarily younger people in my experience) have these days. Blatant law breakers and road rage against others who are actually following laws or otherwise just being sensible drivers. It's not just on the road of course but everywhere. Talk about frustrating. Times are interesting.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Cleveland has an infestation of thugs riding dirt bikes and four wheelers in the streets. They ride in large groups, on the sidewalks, and in the opposite lanes. The cops are ordered not to chase them or pull them over. Most of the bikes are stolen.

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cleveland has an infestation of thugs riding dirt bikes and four wheelers in the streets. They ride in large groups, on the sidewalks, and in the opposite lanes. The cops are ordered not to chase them or pull them over. Most of the bikes are stolen.
So they just operate with impunity? What does it take for the cops to get involved, murder?

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
I don't think they learned it from Mad Max, or any of that series, because dumb driving usually doesn't end well, statistically speaking, albeit glorified, but there was always a reason.

This smacks more of the 'Fast and Furious' series. One of the original actors in that series burned to death, possibly as a result of taking his fictional character to heart, but they didn't put that in the movie.

We got all kinds of flatlander yahoos driving mountain roads at dumb speeds, without enough actual skill to reliably hold it together, and they lose it and kill themselves, and unfortunately others, on a regular basis. Bouquets of flowers on the side of the road are not a rare thing.

Recently, my wife had one pass her on an undivided state highway around a blind turn, and he almost hit a neighbor coming the other direction on a motorcycle. He didn't know the road was closed about a mile farther with no way to go. She pulled her truck across the road and waited for him, and explained school teacher style to the meek young rabbit why he cannot be doing that, and at least at that moment he conceded, but I don't know if he took it to heart, and there will be plenty more bringing stupid where it doesn't belong.

Sometimes I think I should just hang signs that say, "Man up, and take your cart to a race track." I like fun too, and I was stupid, so I can't throw stones too far without breaking some of my own windows, but sometime people have to grow up and consider others, if they can't think to even consider themselves.

·
Registered
599 Posts
The only thing that will change is that YOUR insurance rates will go up because of the AllStars. And the popo will sit around in their new suv watching for you to make a turn on the redlight without stopping behind the white line.

I would enjoy watching the AllStars on tv being chased by helicopters of newspeople filming 2,3,4 different teams in a battle royal for control over a new wire spoked BroDozer.

As long as the police can not do what they are hired to do then I would sit in a new suv and sleep too.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Coming home from dyalysis on saturday. Traffic doing 80 on NJ pky. I went from slow lane with signal. Middle to fast with signal then when a long break went back to middle with a quick 2 click on directional. Almost to exit with people blowing past me. I get stopped by a NJ trooper. Pull out my stuff , he come to side window, I was stopped for not using directional to go back to middle lane. Got a friggin warning! So a 66 year old with handicap tags gets pulled over. I guess not a threat. I haven't been stopped in 35 years!!!
Lucky I wasn't going to range, would have been there for hours!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
What did Jack Nicholson say on Batman?
"Decent People Shouldn't Live Here"
May be time to move...:(
No a bad idea. We are considering getting out of the Louisville Metro Area after what transpired last summer. My wife's family owns around 400 acres in far SE KY: one road in, nothing but family and in-laws for neighbors. Coal, natural gas, arable land, water and timber are on the property(along with a sizable deer herd). My wife's paternal grandfather bought out his siblings as they wanted to leave, but he still retained the original Revolutionary War land grant from 1799.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
No a bad idea. We are considering getting out of the Louisville Metro Area after what transpired last summer. My wife's family owns around 400 acres in far SE KY: one road in, nothing but family and in-laws for neighbors. Coal, natural gas, arable land, water and timber are on the property(along with a sizable deer herd). My wife's paternal grandfather bought out his siblings as they wanted to leave, but he still retained the original Revolutionary War land grant from 1799.
That sounds like heaven, unless there's something in the city you need, and it's not like you can't make a day trip to visit for whatever it is, favorite restaurant or doctor visit or purse shopping or whatever, time to time.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts