M14 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got a good deal on stocks from a Facebook user, and included with the package were 2 beater stocks for parts and projects.

The first one looks like a factory SA fiberglass. Repairable? And the missing section, can it be filled or anything?

The second one is USGI fiberglass.

I've never had a USGI fiberglass before, but I'm assuming the line of green and yellow that holds the stock together all the way down the center is normal.

·
Registered
10,920 Posts
They are both USGI fiberglass. SAI sprayed black-krinkle paint on them to cover up blemishes.

The stocks are made from 2 halves that were epoxied together.

You can repair the stocks using typical automotive body kits.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Make it look cool. Is all I can come up with. I would see if a section of rail will cover them vs trying to fill the slots.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I got those stocks from Sei. No idea what and why it was done that way. That's funny. I gave those stocks away and someone sold them to you ?

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got those stocks from Sei. No idea what and why it was done that way. That's funny. I gave those stocks away and someone sold them to you ?
I have a feeling they traveled a long way to end up here. And no, they weren't really sold. I wanted a USGI wood stock, and he said he had a few beaters he didn't need, so he sent them with the USGI wood. This transaction was made through Facebook.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts